Summer Come and Gone, Part II

July 4th was a great day.  
It rained for the first part of the day and cooled the temps down to pleasant.  
We even got to watch fireworks OUTSIDE at home this year.  
That is big...huge even!
The girlies enjoyed the day outside while earning some $$.  

I also finished up some remodeling projects that I started back in May.  
The husband may have helped.  
A little.

Before

After
My model.


Befores



Afters







July is birthday month for Kate.  She got spoiled this year (not unlike everyday, she is the baby you know).
She was able to celebrate with some of her little buddies.






My lifeguard extraordinaire.


I even made a less than half-hearted attempt to teach Laney some basic sewing skills.

It may not have gone all that well.
I take 100% of the blame.
These jammie shorts didn't come out how I envisioned.
We'll try again soon.
Especially now that I have my new-to-me Janome sewing machine.
(Thank you a million times, Teri.)
That thing is sick!
That's teenage lingo for unbelievably awesome.
 Do I get any points for attempting to be cool?
We end our July every year with a celebratory day for Mikelle's birth.
And our survival. 
She pretty much rocks my world and has for the last 14 years.
(Don't get distracted by the air compressor in the background.  Doesn't everyone have one in their kitchen?)

As for giving a gift to your 14 year old that has everything and I mean EVERYTHING, even a giant stuffed bear named Albert, we opted with a cutie sleeper sofa from IKEA.
Look what a great idea it was.
There's homework being done and everything.

No comments: